Friday 23 August 2013

Tracking Food

Anyone who has been on any kind of diet will know how important it is to track everything that you are eating and drinking and I have had trouble in this respect in the past. I would buy a fancy little book, decorate it nicely and fully intend to write down every bite in it, but of course I would go out and forget to take it with me or forget to write in it and start estimating the calories in things and as a result be eating a lot more than I thought I was and wonder why I wasn't loosing weight. So this time I went looking for a solution to this problem and I have to say I found a fantastic one!

So here it is a little app for the smart phone called myfitnesspal, it is of course free! (most important thing) and pretty nifty. You feed in your information(weight, height etc.), and how much you want to loose and it works out how much calories you should be eating. It has a huge database of foods in it which you can type in or scan the barcode with your phone and it enters these into your food diary! You can also input any exercise you do and it will take that into account too. I personally love seeing the little graphs and charts it makes of your weight loss and food habits.  It really is a fantastic app and I highly recommend you give it a go as it just makes the tedious task or food tracking easy and even a little fun.

If you do sign up I would love it if you would add me as a friend here. Look forward to loosing some weight with you!

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I have been using myfitnesspal for a while and love it, though it doesn't take the chocolate out of the cupboards and throw it in the bin lol!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete