Tuesday 27 August 2013

A Little Bit About Me

I thought I would share a little about who I am and my motivations behind what I am trying to achieve. So here it is my Name is Mellissa (although I prefer Melly),I am 26 years old, I live with my boyfriend, of almost 6 years, Boris and my kitty cat Freyja! I would say I have struggled with my weight since my mid teens but in reality I was not fat in my teens at all. Don't get me wrong I was no where near those little skinny teenage girls who went to my high school but I have always had boobs and hips and that made me feel larger than them. I honestly wish I could go back to meet myself when I was 15 and give myself a good hard slap in the face, tell myself that I was not fat and to stop wasting the figure I had by covering it up and being embarrassed by it.

Me with my family, I was a slim child!


Me at a wedding with my nephew age 15
 
It wasn't until about age 21 that I really started piling on the pounds properly, I had met Boris and we moved in together and well put it this way we both loved to eat! We got into some terrible habits, I'm talking making an 8 person lasagne and eating it between us in one night, ahem plus desert. If we weren't having a huge meal we would be going across the road to the shop and buying 2 bags of those big sharing crisps, 2 big bars of Dairy milk and 2 tubs of Ben & Jerry's and scoff the lot between us! Shocking I know but it stands to reason we both got to be the size we were at our largest.
 
Me at 25 around about my heaviest weight!
 

At age 25 I had reached the heaviest weight of my life which was 17 stone 2 (240 Pounds), I felt terrible, had reached a size 22 and got out of breath and even headaches when I did any physical activity but I still didn't really know how bad I looked. Then as so often happens I saw some pictures of myself and I looked massive! On top of that my mum had been diagnosed with cancer in her kidney, as well as diabetes (which I might add both of my parents have) I started to think if I carry on this way I am going to die much sooner than later!

Me (and Freyja) last Christmas after loosing 20 pounds

That was last year and I lost a little weight then just over 20 pounds but then slowly over the few months at the start of this year I felt myself slipping back into old ways again. Then a few months ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and the doctor told me that my best chance of having children sometime it he future was to start taking medication for it but I did some research and I prefer to do it the natural way and if I reach goal weight and have to still take the medication then so be it.

So now I have completely changed my eating habits, I don't eat any processed sugar at all anymore and things are looking better already. My goal weight is 12 stone and at the moment I weigh 14 stone 7 so I am well on my way to achieving goal! As soon as I have any more up to date pictures I will post them up so watch this space.

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment